Return to the Advanced Investment Technologies Home Page
Artificial Intelligence in Finance and Investing: State-of-the-Art Technologies for Securities Selection and Portfolio Management
250 pp., 1996.
Artificial Intelligence in Finance and Investing is a newly revised and expanded edition of the first book ever written focusing exclusively on the application of AI to investing. Unique and comprehensive, this book is a how-to tutorial demystifying the fascinating world of AI while revealing from start to finish all of the components and procedures involved in building a successful system. This classic work offers portfolio managers, institutional investors, investment analysts, and information systems professionals an authoritative, practical, and readable guide to exciting new technologies for enhancing investment performance. Topics include:
- Market Behavior, Black-Box Investing, and Exploitable Anomolies
- Basic Elements of AI-Based Systems
- Using AI for Asset Allocation, Timing Decisions, Pattern Recognition, and Risk Assessment
- Overview of Popular AI-Based Systems
- Basics of Knowledge Acquisition, Integration, and Maintenance
- Construction of Synergistic Knowledge Bases for Stock Selection
- Incorporating the Markowitz Portfolio Optimization Model into Knowledge-Based Systems
- Bayesian Theory and Fuzzy Logic System Components
- Machine Learning in Portfolio Selection, Including Pattern-Based Learning and Genetic Algorithms
- Neural Network-Based Systems
- Case Study of a Typical Integrated System
"A landmark book . . . The first book to comprehensively and clearly address the role of artificial intelligence in modern portfolio management."
Frank Fabozzi, Editor, The Journal of Portfolio Management
"This book describes innovations which may become standard investment procedures of the twenty-first century. Particularly noteworthy, I thought, were procedures for using expert systems to supply inputs to mean-variance analysis."
Harry M. Markowitz, Nobel Laureate in Economics
Submit Book Order Using the Printable/Faxable or Instant Online Order Form
This page has been accessed within the last 30 days.
Best viewed with Netscape
or Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0