Return to the Advanced Investment Technologies Home Page
THINKS and ThinksPro:
Personal and Professional Neural Network Software for Windows
Both THINKS and ThinksPro combine extraordinary ease of use with state-of-the-art neural network technology, the result of 9 years of neural network consulting experience on a wide variety of applications. The developer is a leader in neural network technology and has made significant contributions to the field, including the Conscience Mechanism used in Kohonen unsupervised learning, and has been awarded patents for the Graded Learning Network (1990) and the Fast Classification Algorithm (1994).
Thinks: Personal Neural Network Software
As a personal neural development environment, THINKS stands out from the competition in several ways. Its ease of use is unsurpassed, with a tool bar putting most dialogs only one click away and the entire manual in an on-line help file. THINKS contains the most effective training methods available. The algorithms used are well documented in the literature, not proprietary, making THINKS an excellent teaching tool. With numerous options on network architecture and processing element definition, the experienced user can quickly experiment with novel network configurations. This rapid prototyping characteristics and the availability of the core neural networks functions in several forms makes THINKS an ideal development environment for custom applications.
One of the most important characteristics of trained neural networks is their ability to generalize from the training data.
If the network simply memorizes or overfits the training data, it will generally perform poorly on test data. THINKS can graphically show
when a network is overtraining by the use of the "test while training" option. The test data set provides the means of
validating the network performance. The use of weight minimization and network growing methods available in THINKS greatly increases the ability of the network to generalize.
A highly desirable feature is the use of double precision floating point math in all network calculations. Double precision (64bit) math insures the best results in function approximations and on
difficult problems. Test results show about a 5% improvement over 32 bit math in both speed of training and quality of solution for supervised learning algorithms.
ThinksPro: A Professional Neural Network Development Environment
In addition to the features of THINKS, ThinksPro offers:
- Intuitive, Interactive, and highly responsive user interface.
- Built-in spreadsheets for interactive editing of neural network input data. Sensitivity Analysis and Input Disabling speed the development of high performance neural networks.
- Dynamic graphing and Visualization Tools to continually view inputs, weights, states, and outputs in a number of formats, illustrating the learning process.
- Industry standard, documented, field-proven algorithms, make ThinksPro the perfect neural network tool for students and professionals.
- The first product to offer reinforcement learning for complex control and financial applications. User definded grading eliminates the constraint of the fixed training set.
- Includes Times Series capabilities.
- Ideal for forecasting, prediction, financial analysis, classsification, function approximation, decision making, sensor interpretation, and control applications.
A Neural Network Product You Will Not Easily Outgrow
ThinksPro is a commercial grade neural network product containing the most sophisticated algorithms and capabilities available, and provides multiple views into how neural networks learn and work. ThinksPro was the first product to take you into the world of reinforcement learning with the EvalNet User Defined Grading Function and four graded learning algorithms, including the Temporal Difference Algorithm. ThinksPro comes standard with the following:
- Windows Dynamic Link Library (DLL), allowing the professional user to build custom Windows, Visual Basic, and Excel 5.0 neural network applications.
- Sensitivity Analysis of Input Variables, uncluding turning off of unimportant inputs without reloading or rebuilding.
- EvalNet User Defined Grading (DLL) allows interactive testing of the neural network during the learning process, ideal for complex control applications or cost minimization or return on investment maximization in financial appications.
- ThinksPro comes with a complete set of printed as well as on-line documentation.
- And TAKE A LOOK AT ALL THESE OTHER NEURAL NETWORK FEATURES !!!
For rush delivery of either Thinks or ThinksPro, please retrieve the printable/faxable or instant online order form.
Still undecided? Download our free 30-day trial version of ThinksPro, use it, and then decide! We are interested knowing what you think of this neural network software, and are always looking for new software products to feature that might be of interest to our visitors.
Please send any comments or suggestions by e-mail.
This page has been accessed times within the last 30 days.
THINKS and ThinksPro are trademarks of Logical Designs Consulting, Inc.
Windows © copyright Microsoft Corporation